Breaches of Lease terms and Covenants, as well as Covenants contained within a freehold Transfer, can be a tedious task to resolve. Our Legal team look after compliance management and can assist clients by providing clarification as to what can and cannot be done where breaches occur, and advise on requisite steps towards their resolution. Generally we will:
- Liaise with clients where breaches have taken place
- Advise the perpetrators of the breach on the remedies available to the client
- Assist with enforcement action
- Instruct solicitors to resolve disputes were appropriate
Of course, sometimes breaches occur due to ignorance rather than a deliberate act. As part of our compliance management we will assist clients and leaseholders/owners on lease/transfer interpretation and assist in ensuring that all parties abide by the terms of the lease/transfer.
We will also deal with matters relating to licenses and consent, for instance as regards:
- Structural and other Alterations
- Access to adjoining properties, say for maintenance purposes
- Party Wall matters
- Drainage Licenses
Clients can be assured that we have at our disposal all the requisite skills and knowledge to deal with any Legal and Technical matters arising in a prompt, comprehensive and professional manner.